Lahore: According to a media report, the Danish International Development Assistance (DANIDA) will be helping the Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) to construct a wastewater treatment plant at an estimated cost of USD 100 million. The Danish company has promised to offer financial and technical help to the treatment plant. The treatment facility would be built at WASA’s disposal station on Kartar Bund Road in the Southern Lahore area, according to sources.

Read More: Wasa accelerates work on two water reservoirs to combat flooding in monsoon

WASA was writing Terms of Reference (TOR) for contracting a consultant, while DANIDA was searching for a consultant to do the feasibility study. The project’s projected cost is USD 100 million, according to WASA’s Managing Director (MD), Syed Zahid Aziz, with 65 percent supplied as a soft-term loan and the remaining 35 percent as financial help.

He went on to add that Lahore is Pakistan’s second-largest city and that it is quickly expanding. In the city, a wastewater treatment facility is badly needed. Wastewater is now discharged into the Ravi River via 13 disposal sites. However, there is no water treatment facility in place. Seven treatment plants will be constructed in various places.

Read More: Installation of 24MW solar plant in Faisalabad planned by WASA

In terms of the project’s specifics, the facility will have a service area of 5,000 acres and a capacity of about 244,700 cubic metres per day. The project has been approved by the Standing Committee of Cabinet on Finance and Development, and work on it will begin soon, according to WASA’s managing director.

Stay tuned with Tajarat Property for more updates or information about the top-notch real estate projects like Blue World City or Blue World City Islamabad.