Karachi: According to press reports, Prime Minister Imran Khan was briefed on the restoration of three main nullahs in Karachi and an anti-encroachment drive along storm drains on Tuesday (August 10).
The Prime Minister was informed by Lieutenant-General Akhtar, Chairman of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), that nullahs in Mahmoodabad, Gujjar, and Orangi districts, as well as Malir and those on the Lyari rivers, will be reconstructed. The proposal also calls for the construction of roadways alongside the drains, the installation of a sewerage system, and the relocation of utility equipment.
The chairman stated that the anti-encroachment drive along key storm drains is still ongoing and that the majority of the land along the nullahs has been retrieved.
- 100% of the land along the Mahmoodabad Nullah has been retrieved
- Orangi nullahs have made 98 percent progress
- Gujjar Nullah has had 89 percent of its encroachments cleared
- 97 percent of Orangi’s dredging and cleaning work has been completed
- 90% of the dredging work in and Mahmoodabad nullahs have been completed
On Gujjar Nullah, 79 percent of the construction has been done. The development work in the areas would be completed by June 2022, according to the Premier.
For more information and details, visit our website Tajarat Properties.