LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar declared at a news conference on Wednesday that the Punjab government had retrieved 15,500 acres of land worth Rs450 billion, and the crackdown on land grabbers would continue until every inch of state land was retrieved.
The chief minister, flanked by SACM Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan and the IG Police, said it was the province’s most extensive operation in history and that the mission would be completed logically. No one was targeted on political grounds, according to the chief minister. “Discrimination will continue against everyone, whether they are my relatives or party office-bearers,” the chief minister announced.
He reported that illegal occupants had been removed from 12,318 acres of land worth Rs22.39 billion in 31 districts over the last seven days. He said that 403 FIRs had been filed, and 97 people had been arrested. According to the chief minister, a similar indiscriminate action against sugar and price-hike mafias is also underway.
He reported that land had been reclaimed in Sargodha, Sheikhupura, Rawalpindi, Rajanpur, DG Khan, Multan, Narowal, and other public welfare cities purposes. He also stated that the government would seek damages from prominent individuals involved in the unlawful occupation of state property.
Buzdar claimed that a plan had been devised to make the best use of the land, that a data bank would be formed in the board of revenue, and that measures would be taken to ensure that no one dares to reoccupy such lands.
If a government employee is found to be involved in state property occupation, Mr. Buzdar said the anti-corruption establishment would take action.