Islamabad: According to a report released on Sunday, the two state-owned businesses, Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) and Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC), presented details about seven important projects for gas transmission and distribution networks in their respective territories (September 19).
The following are details about SNGPL’s important projects:
- 12-kilometre gas pipeline is being constructed to provide 30 million cubic feet per day (MMCFD) gas to Rashakai Special Economic Zone (SEZ). The project is expected to be complete by the end of this year.
- 20-kilometre gas pipeline is being laid to supply 40 MMCFD gas to Allama Iqbal Industrial City SEZ. It is expected to be complete in the first quarter of 2021-2022.
- 2-kilometre main gas supply line has been constructed to provide 5 MMCFD to Allama Iqbal Industrial City. It is commissioned by extending the existing network of M-3 Industrial City.
- 10-kilometre transmission main line from Dial to G.T. Road and 22-kilometre main line from Barki to Sunder are expected to be complete by December this year.
- A project is planned to resolve the acute low gas pressure problem during the winters in Peshawar and Mardan region. The estimated total cost of the project is PKR 2,296 million for system augmentation of transmission Charsadda-Khanzana-Tangi pipeline.
Here are the details of the projects by SSGC:
- 3.5-kilometre gas pipeline will be laid to provide 13 MMCFD gas to Bin Qasim Industrial Park, at an estimated cost of PKR 149.41 million
- 8.7-kilometre gas pipeline was approved to supply 10 MMCFD gas to Bostan Special Economic Zone (SEZ), at the cost of PKR 732 million.