Karachi: As per the media reports, out of a total budget of PKR 1.94 billion, the Sindh government has set aside PKR 1.62 billion for massive development projects in Karachi in the current fiscal year.
According to the budget execution report, PKR 1.94 billion has been allocated to 18 existing development projects, while PKR 9 million has been allocated to the new Karachi “mega-scheme.”
The new project focuses on traffic signal installation and restoration, as well as signboards and gantries. Furthermore, the project will concentrate on the aesthetics of municipal streets to meet people’s infrastructure concerns.
The following are the details of the currently running schemes:
- The Submarine Chowrangi underpass.
- A U-turn near the Natha Khan Bridge.
- Karachi Zoo improvement and restoration.
- A flyover at the Tipu Sultan intersection.
- The Road from Tank Chowrangi to the Super Highway.
- Stadium Road reconstruction and widening
- Roads near Lea market to be improved and rehabilitated.
- Storm Water Drainage (SWD) construction on Shahrah-e-Faisal from Star Gate to Chakora Nullah
- The bridge across the Orangi Nullah near the Habib Bank Chowrangi to be widened.
- The road from the Jam Sadiq Bridge to Dawood Chowrangi to be restored and reconstructed.