Taxila: According to news reports, Syed Khawar Abbas Bukhari, a focal point of the ruling party in Attock, claimed on Tuesday (November 02) that the government has authorised a PKR 10 billion development package for the Attock district. The budget is included in the province’s Annual Development Plan (ADP).
The monies would be used for infrastructure development, healthcare facilities, water and sanitation programmes, and road projects, according to the specifics. Furthermore, according to Bukhari, the project entails the building of the following projects:
- Dualisation of the road from Boota to Bhatiot in Pindigheb tehsil.
- Rehabilitation of Attock to Haji Shah and Jhala Khan Chowk to Bahtar road
- Upgradation of 8,000 public sector schools in the district ‘
- Construction of 200-beds mother and child hospital
- Establishment of Allama Iqbal Open University Campus
- PKR 400 million orphan house
Furthermore, he stated that the government has spent millions of rupees on the development and uplift of the province’s backward and remote districts to increase living standards for the locals.