Rawalpindi: According to news reports, the Punjab government has approved the construction of six additional dam projects in the Rawalpindi district beginning in 2022. The additional dams suggested include Dadocha Dam, Papin Dam, Mahutta Dam, Mujahid Dam, Chahan Dam, and Jawa Dam, with a total estimated development cost of PKR 14.70 billion.
Read More: Construction on Rawalpindi dams to be completed by 2023: Ghulam Sarwar
The administration, according to reports, has already set aside funding for initiatives under the Annual Development Programme (ADP). Mujahid Dam, the first of the six dams, has already begun construction work. The following are the financial allocations for the project:
- Mohata Dam will be developed in union council Raika for PKR 500 million and would irrigate 45,000 acres of land.
- Mujahid Dam will be developed in the Chintra area for PKR 500 million and would irrigate an estimated 70,000 acres of land.
- Jawa Dam will be built with PKR 900 million in the Murree region. The feasibility and PC-1 of the project have already been prepared and the work is expected to start soon.
- Papin Dam will be developed in Rawalpindi’s Chak Beli for PKR 3.3 billion and would irrigate 50,000 acres of agricultural area.
- Dadocha Dam is being built by the Rawalpindi Development Authority with PKR 3.5 billion and its water will be supplied to the cantonment city of Rawalpindi and the surrounding region
- Chahan Dam has already been completed with the work started on the expansion of water storage capacity. The project is expected to cost PKR 6 billion in total with the installation of water treatment plants for various union councils.
Read More: Rawalpindi, Attock get 573 mini-dams to address water crisis
Ghulam Server Khan, the federal minister of aviation, claimed that the project will assist boost water storage capacity and improve the Rawalpindi region’s water security. He also stated that the government will build parks and horticulture areas surrounding the dams in order to turn it into a tourist attraction.
Stay tuned with Tajarat Property for more updates or information about the top-notch real estate projects like Blue World City or Blue World City Islamabad & Bahria Town Karachi 2 Payment Plan.