According to news reports, Punjab Minister for Industries and Commerce Mian Aslam Iqbal inspected progress on the establishment of small industries under the Punjab Small Industries Corporation on Thursday.
Work on five Punjab Small Industries Corporation initiatives is now underway, according to the minister, and nine more schemes will be introduced in the coming fiscal year.
The details of the nine schemes planned for the next fiscal year is as follows:
- Renovation of sports goods and material testing lab in Sialkot
- Establishment of tannery zone and setting up of handicrafts development center at Wahwa, DG Khan
- Establishment of a handicrafts development center in Kamalia
- New Industrial Estate will be established in Gujrat, Artisan Village in Khewra and a
- Surgical City will be set up in Sialkot.
Four clusters, comprising surgical, auto parts, readymade clothes, and leather footwear, have been completed and performance audit instructions have been provided as part of the cluster development initiatives. In addition, four more clusters will be created.
In addition, the minister noted that in the current fiscal year, PKR 10 billion has been set aside for the Punjab Rozgar Scheme, which will provide PKR 30 billion in soft loans.