Lahore: According to news reports, the Punjab Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) approved nine development programmes costing PKR 10.20 billion on Tuesday (September 28). PDWP approved the proposals during a meeting chaired by Planning & Development Board Chairman Abdullah Khan Sumbal.
The meeting was attended by members of the board as well as provincial secretaries from several ministries. The following is a list of the approved schemes:
- PKR 2.06 billion is allocated for the repair and dualisation of a 42-kilometre stretch of road between Sargodha and Makhdoom Interchange (M-2)
- PKR 500 million is set aside for the construction of Ring Road from Sheikhupura city via Sharaqpur Road to Hiran Minar Interchange (M-2)
- PKR 559.9 million has been approved for the rehabilitation of 22 kilometre-long Lala Musa – Dinga Road
- PKR 689 million has been budgeted for the construction and rehabilitation of 45 kilometre-long Phalia, Mandi Bahauddin Road.
- PKR 700 million is set aside for the rehabilitation and widening of 13-kilometre long Shahkot Jaranwala Road
- PKR 700 million has been allocated for the widening and repair of a 22-kilometre-long road that connects the Sargodha-Faisalabad bypass to the Jhal Chakian-Lahore Road bypass.
- PKR 880 million have been approved for the construction of the road in Farooq Abad to Khanqah Dogran
- PKR 1.05 billion has been allocated for the construction of road network in District Sheikhupura, Tehsil Murdike
- PKR 3.06 billion has been allocated for the rehabilitation of Kahrian Dinga Mandi Bahauddin Road Dual Carriageway up to Amra Kalan District Boundary Gujrat