Islamabad: According to news reports, a joint session of parliament passed the Rent Restriction Amendment Bill, as well as five other laws for the Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), on Wednesday (Nov 17).
Read More: Rent Control Act for Islamabad in works to address businessmen’s demand
Food Safety Bill, University of Islamabad Bill, National Vocational and Technical Training Commission (Amendment) Bill 2021, National College of Arts Institute Bill 2021, Pakistan Academy of Letters Legislation 2013, and Muslim Family Laws Amendment Bill are among the bills that have been introduced.
According to the report, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Capital Development Authority Affairs Ali Nawaz Awan, stated that the passing of the Rent Restriction Bill will minimise litigation issues and protect the rights of tenants and landlords. The following provisions have been added to the bill:
Read More: RDA earned Rs. 2 billion in current fiscal year
• Every agreement between landlord and tenant shall be presented before the controller for record-keeping.
• Any payments made in connection with the tenancy agreement must be made in the form of cross-checks or with an official receipt/acknowledgement.
• Unless the parties object in writing, the rent of residential and non-residential buildings will be automatically increased by 10% each year.
• There will be a mediation council for conflict settlement, presided over by the president of the Islamabad Chamber of Commerce (ICCI) or his nomination as convener.
• Before continuing with a case, the controller would recommend it to the Mediation Council. In the absence of a settlement, the controller will proceed with the case.
• In the event of a settlement, the order issued by the controller, in compliance with the judgement of the Mediation Council, will be deemed final
Stay tuned with Tajarat Property for more updates or information about the top-notch real estate projects like Blue World City or Blue World City Islamabad.