Lahore: According to news reports, the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) has agreed to provide PKR 12 billion for the completion of ongoing development projects in the coming fiscal year. The governing body will be asked to approve the budget.
Read more: LDA City’s new Iqbal Sector plan approved
A total of 27 projects will be completed with a budget of KR 12.005 billion. The following are some of the tasks that will be done within the budget:
- PKR 2 billion for the development and building of missing connections on structured plan roads PKR 2 million for road restoration in Allama Iqbal Town
- PKR 10 million for the construction of Allama Iqbal Town’s “Joday Pull” intersection
- PKR 20.5 million for road resurfacing and reconstruction in Faisal Town
- PKR 30.5 million for the development of roadways in Johar town’s Block B1 and G3.
- The construction of the main sewage line from Mohalanwal to Jubilee Town has been budgeted at PKR 200 million.
- PKR 1.2 billion will be spent to alleviate traffic congestion in Samanabad Chowk.
- PKR 2.3 billion for road building and widening between Harbans Pura and B.R.B canal.
- PKR 760 million for Canal Road underpass renovation, reconstruction, and special maintenance
- PKR 2 billion for the construction of gates and beauty of city entry and departure points
- A total of PKR 1.2 billion has been aside for the renovation of Akbar Chowk.