Lahore: As per the latest news, Director General (DG) Ahmad Aziz Tarar of the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) presided over a meeting of the Planning and Design Wing to examine existing projects in the city and approved an area development project for the property on Raiwind Road.
The meeting was attended by Syed Nadeem Akhtar Zaidi, Chief Metropolitan Planner, and Tariq Mahmood, Director Town Planning, Salman Mahfooz, Shafqat Niaz Kang, and other concerned officers.
The following are some of the major issues that were discussed during the meeting:
- The start of an area development project on Raiwind Road land
- permission was given to convert a building on Raiwind Road into a school
- The case for the development of an industrial zone in Model Town was decided to be forwarded to the LDA Governing Body
- The DG suggested that agricultural land identified in the master plan should be protected.
- The DG also requested that the LDA officers submit ideas for the city’s master plan’s development, and directed them to make every effort to see that it is completed