Lahore: According to news reports, Lahore Development Authority (LDA) Director General (DG) Mr Ahmad Aziz Tarar authorised a budget of PKR 6.34 billion for 282 existing and new construction and development projects in the city.
The decision to disburse funds was taken in order to reduce the amount of money that will be wasted during the current fiscal year 2021-22. According to sources, the Chief Engineer would be held personally responsible for any future funding shortages. According to reports, LDA was only able to use 22% of the funds in the previous fiscal year.
With the release of funds, development works will be completed on schedule. The details about the projects are as follows:
- PKR 128 million has been provided for the completion of key development programmes
- Over PKR 910 million has been granted for the area development programme
- PKR 240 million has been allocated for the EME Directorate
- PKR 440 million for the Buildings Directorate
- PKR 4 billion has been authorized for the development work of the LDA City Project
- PKR 370 million for various road maintenance and development projects.
- PKR 30.76 million has been allocated for the restoration of roadways in the PP-168 neighbourhoods of Haji Park, Umar Park, and Mayo Colony
- PKR 30.27 million has been approved for road rehabilitation and patching in Gulshan Colony, Niazi Chowk, and Gawala Colony.
Read More: Lahore to have three new trauma centres
The Gulberg sewage pipeline project, with a budget of PKR 80.90 million, is one of the projects. The sewage system will be developed to suit the needs of the rising number of multi-story buildings in the region. Gulberg J Block I, J Block Gulberg III, and C3 Block Gulberg III will all be covered.