Chitral: According to media sources, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Mahmood Khan launched the Chitral Economic Zone and numerous other projects during a day-long visit to the lower Chitral district on Tuesday (October 26).
The Chitral Economic Zone is predicted to generate 8,000 indirect and direct jobs, as well as PKR 620 million in investment, according to the facts. Other initiatives that have been launched include:
- Singoor Bridge, at the cost of PKR 700 million
- Ayun Kalash Valley Bridge, constructed with PKR 82 million
- Danin Bypass, developed at the cost of PKR 50 million
- Beautification project in Lower Chitral, worth PKR 280 million
- Groundbreaking of 8-kilometre long Karimabad Road, Broze Bridge, and Kalkatak-Chitral Road, the total cost of the projects is PKR 100 million, PKR 50 million, and PKR 290 million respectively.
- Groundbreaking for 46-kilometre long Kalash Valley Road, which will be developed at PKR 4.2 billion
During the visit, the CM Khan announced some new uplift projects for the district. He increased the wood allowance for government employees from PKR 45 to PKR 100. Also, the chief minister announced the development of a media colony for journalists and the construction of the Darosh bypass. Furthermore, CM Khan stated that construction work on the Chitral-Booni-Mastuj road will start soon.