Peshawar: According to news reports, KP CM Mahmood Khan announced a special package worth PKR 4.5 billion for the Mohmand Dam project’s affected people on Tuesday. The funds will be used for a variety of road, education, and public welfare projects, with 150,000 people projected to benefit.
Peshawar Corps Commander Lt General Nauman Mehmood, Additional Chief Secretary Shahab Ali Shah, Principal Secretary to the CM Amjad Ali Khan, and administrative secretaries attended a high-level meeting in this respect, which was presided over by KP CM Mahmood. The meeting decided to launch the following development initiatives in the Mohamad district and nearby areas, according to the details:
• A total of PKR 700 million has been set aside for the rehabilitation and widening of the 30-kilometer-long road in Tehsil Prang Ghar
• A total of PKR 75 million has been set aside for the construction of a 6-kilometer road in the Mohmand district’s Tehsil Pindiali
• PKR 236 million would be allocated to the education sector
• PKR 135 million would be allocated to the health sector. A total of PKR 60 million has also been suggested for sports-related initiatives in the districts
• At a cost of PKR 700 million, a 132kV grid station would be built in the region
Mohmand district will receive 86% of the whole development package, while Bajur district will receive 8%, Malakand district will receive 3%, and Charsadda district will receive 3%, according to the proposal. The minister also ordered the creation of a special steering committee to ensure that the development project initiated under this initiative is completed on schedule.