Lahore: According to press reports, the Punjab government has decided to give 100 percent of funding for development projects in the fiscal year 2021-2
The Chief Minister’s Office issued the following instructions to the Finance Department:
- PKR 214 billion development fund will be released in the first week of new fiscal year.
- 90% of the PKR 560 billion budget for mega-development projects will be utilized in the coming year.
- PKR 214 billion funds will be released for 2,263 ongoing projects. The development projects in Lahore will get 100% fund, which includes Shahkam Flyover, Sheranwala Gate, and Gulab Devi Underpass.
- 100% funds will be provided for the up-gradation of school and development of Mother-Child Hospital in Gangaram.
- Full funds will be provided for sewerage and water projects in the first quarter.