According to a post shared by a local news channel, land encroachment is a significant problem in Karachi. A proper mechanism has been developed to assist citizens in reclaiming their plots in areas and housing schemes under the Karachi Development Authority jurisdiction (KDA).
According to reports, the KDA has a fully operational Estate & Enforcement (E&E) cell that deals with encroachment on land within its jurisdiction. On behalf of the KDA, the news source explained that the KDA is in charge of recovering plots from illegal occupation before handing them over to the allottees.
Allottees are responsible until they have taken possession of their land. Allottees can only approach KDA to reclaim a plot from the land mafia they do not own.
Affected parties can file a complaint with the KDA’s E&E office by following these basic steps:
- Visit the E&E Director’s office on the 3rd floor of Civic Centre, along with all of the papers.
- Attach a formal complaint as well as documentation detailing the plot’s position and allocation (which is not in their possession yet)
- The E & E&E Director will check the KDA Land Department’s documentation and issue orders to remove encroachments after receiving the complaint. This procedure takes about 15 to 20 days to complete.
- After receiving the order to remove the encroachment, the KDA sets a date to begin an anti-encroachment campaign.
- The KDA team will have the local police clear the area before proceeding to the encroached ground.