Islamabad: According to a news outlet published on March 30, the government has stated its intention to conduct a nationwide survey to enroll low-income households in the flagship social security program “Ehsaas.”
According to a representative from the Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Division, up to seven million people have been registered as Ehsaas Kafalat beneficiaries and are receiving a monthly stipend of PKR 2,000.
The survey will be carried out door-to-door using digital technology and will be completed by June. More people living in poverty will be listed as part of the Ehsaas initiative as a result of this survey.
The Ehsaas initiative includes 140+ social security and poverty eradication programs, including:
• PKR 2,000 monthly cash stipends for seven million poorest families
• PKR 50,000 merit-based and need-based scholarships
• PKR 80,000 interest-free Ehsaas loans for small businesses every month
• Quarterly conditional cash transfers for primary-school students
• Conditional cash transfers for primary school students every three months
• 11 new Panagahs (shelter homes) have been developed across the country based on need assessments.
For more information and details, visit our website Tajarat Properties.