Peshawar: According to official advertising, the Provincial Housing Authority (PHA) of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) has unveiled a new low-cost housing scheme called ‘Jalozai Flats – Nowshera’ in collaboration with the Naya Pakistan Housing and Development Authority (NAPHDA). Interested parties have until July 31 to submit their applications.
The ECC approves the Naya Pakistan Housing Programme (NPHP) changes.
This new housing project is part of the Naya Pakistan Housing Programme (NPHP), which would see PHA and NAPHDA build 1,320 flats over a 150-Kanal area in Jalozai, Nowshera. Each apartment would cost PKR 2.5 million, with a PKR 0.3 million subsidy, as directed by Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan.
SALIENT FEATURES OF CHEAP JALOZAI FLATS
• Each flat is 780 sq. ft. in size
• There are two bedrooms and one bathroom
• There is a single kitchen, living room, and balcony
• The payment is made in convenient monthly installments over a period of 5 to 20 years (EMIs)
• If selected for the apartment, each applicant would receive a PKR 300,000 subsidy from the Pakistani government
• The project will take 18 months to complete
• The apartment allocation draw will take place two months following the final day to submit a sublease application
• The chosen applicants will also receive loans from the Bank of Khyber
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION FOR JALOZAI FLATS
The application is open to all citizens, including government personnel, according to the advertisement.
The following are the eligibility requirements:
• The applicant must be a Khyber Pakhtunkhwa citizen
• The monthly income should not exceed PKR 50,000
• The Bank of Khyber must have issued a ‘Letter of Comfort’ to the applicant (BoK)
• The applicant must not have previously acquired any other plot or unit through a PHA initiative
• The applicant must not own a plot of land or a home
• Each household is only allowed to apply for one apartment
THE FLAT ALLOCATION APPLICATION PROCESS
The following is the procedure for applying for the scheme:
• The forms can be purchased at any Bank of Khyber branch
• Read all of the instructions on the back of the application form regarding eligibility and the application process
• Submit the duly completed application form to the bank manager, together with a pay order, demand draft, or cash in the name of the DG PHA, and acquire a receipt
• In the event of an inconvenience or need for assistance, the BoK has established a help desk in each bank, or the applicant can contact the DG PHA via the website’s hotline numbers
• Each application will be subject to a non-refundable processing fee of PKR 500
• A refundable ten percent down payment of PKR 250,000 must be submitted with the application
• The remaining balance will be paid for 5 to 20 years in convenient monthly installments