Lahore: According to press reports, the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) will construct a 15-kilometer signal-free corridor connecting the Metro Orange Train track to the Metro Bus service between the Kharak Stop (Multan Road) and the Lahore Burj (Ferozpur Road). The Punjab government has approved the project, which will cost PKR 7 billion to complete.
The feasibility report for this project, which is being carried out under the Mass Transit System, has been completed, and it will include the following structures.
- Construction of 5 underpasses
- Construction of 15 km signal free road
- Development of 28 pedestrian bridges
- Construction of Shouq Chowk flyover connecting Kareem Block with Firozpur Road
- Construction of underpass at Model Town Link road
- Construction of flyover at Akbar Chowk for traffic coming from Firozpur Road
- Construction of underpass at Kareem Block
In the following days, the LDA Director General would brief Chief Minister Punjab on the matter and request money. The LDA will not need to buy land for the operation, according to sources. The project is expected to reduce the amount of time spent in congested areas of major cities.
For more information and updates, visit Tajarat Properties.