Karachi: According to news reports, Sindh Minister of Agriculture Mohammad Ismail Rahu announced on Wednesday that the government is taking steps to create cold storage facilities and provide subsidies to farmers through the ‘Peoples Hari Card’ service. PKR 3 billion in subsidies would be distributed to farmers through the Peoples Hari Cards facility during the fiscal year (FY) 2021-22.

Read More: Rs. 30 billion approved for Karachi Safe City Program, for the next fiscal year

According to reports, the subsidy will be used to provide fertilizers, high-quality seeds, and pesticides to boost agricultural yields and ensure food security.

Minister Rahu also explained the scheme’s split, saying that the government plans to create 16 cold storages, with the government providing 80% of the development funding and farmers providing the remaining 20%. He further claimed that to strengthen the agricultural sector in Thar, the government will establish saline water treatment programs to restore soil fertility.

Read More: Budget 2021-22: KMC approves tax-free budget of PKR 26 billion

In the fiscal year 2021-22, the province’s overall agriculture budget is PKR 15.26 billion, with PKR 5 billion given under Annual Development Programmes for agriculture.

Stay tuned with Tajarat Property for more updates or information about the top-notch real estate projects like Blue World City.