Islamabad: On Thursday (October 28), Prime Minister Imran Khan ordered Minister for Privatisation Mohammad Mian Soomro to expedite the privatisation of all loss-making State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs), according to news reports.
Read More: Roadshow begins in Islamabad for privatisation of Pakistan Steel Mills
The prime minister has urged the minister to take all necessary actions to collect money from such privatisations, as well as to make adjustments to SOEs to improve performance. The government identified 10 state-owned firms that would likely be privatised in a report released in March titled “State-Owned Enterprises Triage: Reforms & Way Forward.”
The list includes the names of:
- Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited
- National Investment Trust Limited
- Sui Southern Gas Company Limited
- Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited
- Utility Stores Corporation (Pvt) Limited
- Pakistan Expo Centres (Pvt) Limited
- Pakistan Environmental Planning & Architectural Consultants (Pvt) Limited
- National Engineering Services Pakistan (Pvt) Limited
- Overseas Employment Corporation (Pvt) Limited
- Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation
Read More: Privatisation Commission auctions off Services International Hotel Lahore
These 10 SOEs will be auctioned in the first phase of the privatisation while in the second phase 24 SOEs will be auctioned. The meeting was also attended by the Finance Adviser Shaukat Fayaz Tarin.
Stay tuned with Tajarat Property for more updates or information about the top-notch real estate projects like Blue World City.