Peshawar: According to media sources, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister (CM) Mahmood Khan convened a review meeting on Thursday to discuss the status of several uplift projects in the province.
During the meeting, the CM directed the relevant authorities to take efforts to speed up the completion of current big development projects. Administrative secretaries from various departments, as well as Senior Member of the Board of Revenue Syed Zafar Ali Shah, were present at the meeting.
The following are the specifics of the projects that were discussed at the meeting:
- Dir and Peshawar-Dera Ismail Khan Motorways projects were cleared by Central Development Working Party (CDWP)
- The land acquisition process for Swat Motorway Phase II was reported to be undergoing progress
- Land acquisition is in progress for Chitral-Garam Chashma Road and Chitral-Ayun-Bumburet Road
- A feasibility study was carried out for the development of the Bannu Economic Zone
- PC-1 has been prepared for the first phase of Darabin Economic Zone
- Construction work underway on 11 access roads leading to tourist destinations of the Malakand division
- Master plan has been devised for the establishment of four Integrated Tourism Zones