Dera Ghazi Khan: According to news reports, Chief Minister (CM) Sardar Usman Buzdar laid the foundation for eight development projects worth PKR 900 million in Fort Munro, a recreational and tourism area in southern Punjab.
Chief Minister Buzdar was accompanied by Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani, Minister of State Zartaj Gul, and local government officials and elders for the groundbreaking event. The following are the specifics of the recently launched Fort Munro project:
- Upgradaton project of School with an estimated cost of PKR 30 million
- PKR 50 million projects for the up-gradation and provision of basic facilities in Fort Munro Resort
- PKR 50 million for the restoration project of historic buildings and annexe in Fort Munro
- PKR 90 million Water Supply Scheme
- PKR 100 million projects for the promotion of tourism in the area of Koh-e-Sulaiman
- PKR 100 million for the construction of Solar Lights Network, Parks and Horticulture
- PKR 290 million for the construction of 5km long Fort Munro to Langar Khandsar link Road
- PKR 550 million for the Rescue 1122 Station project
CM Buzdar announced during a meeting with residents that PKR 5.7 billion has been made aside for the development of the area, including the formation of the Koh-e-Sulaiman Development Authority. The PKR 2.7 billion Fort Munro Cadet College project was also discussed with the chief minister.