Islamabad: According to press reports, Lahore Commissioner Captain (retired) Muhammad Usman convened a meeting to discuss projects aimed at improving the city’s beauty and boosting tourism.
The conference was attended by Ahmad Aziz Tarar, Director General of the Lahore Development Authority (LDA), as well as other officials. The group went over the recommendations made by 12 different departments. In addition, the commissioner stated that the road connecting Lahore Burj and Kharak may be used to create a signal-free corridor.
Read more: LDA begins consultations with experts: Lahore Master Plan 2050
Moreover, at the meeting, the following suggestions were made:
- The LDA has been requested to hand over the road for the signal-free corridor to the Municipal Corporation of Lahore (MCL), which would complete the rehabilitation and illumination work.
- The creation of 35 new “selfie sites” throughout the city to enhance tourism.
- In new road constructions, electrical supply lines will be put underground.
- Improvements to service lanes, the addition of safety elements, and the enhancement of the city’s aesthetics
- On 29 corridors, digital streamers will be mounted.
Read more: In Lahore, tenants must register; online services accessible
The gathering also designated 29 corridors for beautification in the city’s nine zones, with each department taking responsibility for its own. For inter-departmental cooperation, a steering coordination council with representatives from all relevant departments would be constituted. The Traffic Engineering and Planning Agency (TEPA) will also revamp traffic signals in the nine zones.
Stay tuned with Tajarat Property for more updates or information about the top-notch real estate projects like Blue World City.