Islamabad: According to news reports, the Capital Development Authority’s Development Working Party (DWP) approved PKR 24.268 billion in infrastructure development projects for Islamabad on Wednesday.
The authorized projects would be completed over a 5-year period, according to a meeting held by CDA Chairman Aamir Ali Ahmed. The meeting was attended by CDA board members, as well as officials from the Planning Commission and the Ministry of the Interior. The meeting also approved record allocations, according to a CDA official who spoke to media.
Following are the details about the approved development projects:
- PKR 7,200 million is set aside for the construction of parking plazas in various commercial areas in the city.
- PKR 3,296 million will be used for Margalla Avenue Plan
- PKR 1,804 million is allocated for Sector D-12’s remaining development work
- PKR 1,7905 million is kept for the 9th Avenue-Shaheen Chowk signal-free project
- PKR 1,472 million will be utilized for Sector E-11 signal-free chowk
- PKR 1,385 million is allotted for the construction of district courts in Sector G-11
- PKR 5,000 million will be reserved for the conservation of Margalla Hills National Park
- PKR 125 million is kept aside for rain water harvesting
- PKR 1,862 million will be used for facilitation centre for litigation and lawyers
- PKR 186 million is reserved for 100 beds facility in CDA hospital
- PKR 36 million is allocated for traffic solution in Sector I-10
- PKR 193 million is approved for the Bara Kahu traffic plan
For more information and updates, visit Tajarat Properties.