Lahore: According to news reports, the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) has requested an additional development budget of PKR 15 billion, for a total of PKR 43.83 billion, for 30 new projects in the city. The final decision on the proposed budget for the fiscal year 2021-2022 will be made by the LDA governing body (FY22).
The authority intends to start 30 new development and road infrastructure projects in the city; the following is a list of the projects and their estimated budgets:
- PKR 180.1 million for the construction of Firozpur Road to Main Boulevard Gulberg III
- PKR 350.6 million for the repair and improvement of the Gulshan-e-Ravi T-junction
- PKR 750.35 million for the redevelopment of the Babu-Sabu interchange
- PKR 2.8 billion for the development of a road from Harbanspura to the BRB Canal
- PKR 1.95 billion for the construction of a signal-free corridor between Barkat Market and Bhekewal Mor.
- PKR 300 million for the construction of a dual-lane road from Khaira Distributary to Gujjar Colony.
- PKR 4.5 billion has also been set aside for the dualization of the road that connects Bedian Road Interchange and Heer Village.
In the coming fiscal year, the budget includes money for the Shahkam flyover, Sheranwala flyover, and Gulab Devi underpass projects.