Lahore: According to news reports, Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar has announced a PKR 9 billion uplift package for Bhakkar District. The package includes 106 initiatives, with the chief minister launching and laying the groundwork for 102 of them.
CM promised multifaceted activities for several sectors during a one-day visit to district Bhakkar. The following are the specifics of some of these programs:
• Allocation of PKR 507.6 million for road building under the “Naya Pakistan Manzilain Aasan” program
• Extension and widening of 48-kilometer-long roads under the Rural Accessibility Program-Phase 1
• Phase 1 of the Community Development Program saw the construction of 22 roads and 20 sewage system improvements.
• In Phase 2 of the Community Development Programme, 17 sewerage and 10 road development projects were completed.
• Allocation of PKR 1 billion for land acquisition for the Greater Thal Canal project
• Establishment of eight rural excise centers, one in each revenue circle, in each district of Punjab by the end of the year
• Construction of seven carpeted roads under the “Rural Accessibility” program to improve market access for farm goods
In addition, 106 road building, sewage and water projects, livestock and community development projects, and skills and revenue center development schemes are now underway. The dualization of the 237-kilometer-long Mianwali-Muzaffargarh Road was also included as one of the ongoing projects.