Rawalpindi: According to news reports, Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) Chairman Tariq Mehmood Murtaza stated at a press conference on Thursday (Aug 5) that an alternate route from Rawalpindi to Murree and other newly established tourist sites will be built. The proposed motorway will go through Rawalpindi’s four tehsils.
When speaking to the media about RDA’s achievements, Chariman Murtaza stated that the agency has been taking action against illegal housing plans since July 2018, issuing 91 challans and 307 legal notices to the developers of illegal projects, as well as registering 112 FIRs against them. During this time, the RDA has shut 135 housing scheme offices, he continued.
In addition, the chairman also talked about the completed RDA projects. The details are as follows:
- Development of 1.75-km long and two-lane wide Qadeer Khan Road from Missile Chowk to Falcon Complex at a cost of PKR 223.687 million.
- The widening and rehabilitation of 3.45-km long old Airport Road Flying Club to Kral Chowk at a cost of PKR 443 million.
- Conducted feasibility study of Katchri Chowk and Defense Chowk under Annual Development Programme (ADP) by spending PKR 14.550 million.
The chairman also shared details the ongoing projects:
- Expansion and rehabilitation work from Dry Port Road to Airport Road at an estimated cost of PKR 443.158 million.
- Construction of bridges and pedestrians on old Airport Road at the cost of PKR 109.934 million.
Following are the estimated cost of the proposed ADP schemes:
- PKR 30,250 million for land acquisition for Nullah Leh
- PKR 3,630 million for remodelling of Katchri Chowk
- PKR 2,220 million for remodelling of Defence Chowk